Heather Crosby is the author of YumUniverse Pantry To Plate: Improvise Meals You Love – from What You Have is a one-of-a-kind plant-based, gluten-free recipe playbook that opens up a world of possibilities for the home cook. Heather celebrates the freestyle, stress-free type of cooking by proposing healthy “choose-your-own-adventure” templates for cooking, giving users the flexibility to work with what they’ve got in the kitchen right now. Heather has a plant-based certification from the T. Colin Campbell foundation, and is a big believer in bio-individuality—that everyone comes to the table with habits, beliefs, tradition, and dietary needs that differ from the person sitting next to you.
YumUniverse Pantry to Plate: Improvise Meals You Love―from What You Have!―Plant-Packed, Gluten-Free, Your Way! Get Heather’s Cookbook on Amazon.com here!
- People asked: what do you eat on a daily basis? So she created this as an answer to that question!
- She took tools she uses herself + and put them in a book. This is the HOW to make changes!
- Heather knew people needed more tools, so she gave her audience what they’ve been asking for!
- Heather is dedicated to creating tools for people who need help making healthy choices.
- Make sure your people want what you are creating! Put our surveys to your community and create from what they say!
- Heather never referred to herself as a blogger. She calls herself a recipe developer. She creates recipes + resources to share with people.
- The heart of the journey is the HOW – that’s where it’s the hardest!
- The biggest thing Heather recommends is having an email list so you can have a conversation with your people! That has been the most powerful for Heather and it’s how she can hear what they NEED!
- Your email list is the most direct way to communicate with your people and hear what they want. Really nurture it and listen to your people that way!
I always come from a place of really listening to what people need. I’m listening. They ask me for things that i need. They may not specifically say I need meal plans but they’re saying to me “I’m super busy I wish I could make healthier choices more often. I can interpret that, if I can create tools for them it will make life easier for them. Really listening is super important.
I also believe that these layers change and evolve over a lifetime. I’m not here to judge or be the food police. I’m here to share ideas, connect, and grow.
It’s important that people feel heard. When you can give that to somebody, it’s really powerful and it feels good for them and it feels good for you. It brings that true connection component back into what you’re doing.
Heather’s New Book: YumUniverse Pantry to Plate: Improvise Meals You Love―from What You Have!―Plant-Packed, Gluten-Free, Your Way! Get Heather’s Cookbook on Amazon.com here!