Kirsten Oliphant is a writer with a Master’s degree in fiction and has been blogging for ten years. In 2015 she launched the Create If Writing podcast for writers and bloggers who want to build an online platform…without being smarmy. She is an email marketing nerd and is the author of Email Lists Made Easy for Writers & Bloggers. She is a mom to four (soon to be five!) kids ages 8 and under and lives with her youth pastor husband just outside Houston.
[bctt tweet=”Genuine interaction is the best thing with @kikimojo #blissfulbitespodcast” username=”nicoleculver”]
- She’s a writer and a blogger and understands both world and talks about things you need to know to connect with your perfect audience.
- She follows her own curiosity
- With your blog ask yourself: What is your WHY? Who is the audience you want to reach?
- She gets excited about connecting with her bloggers and readers.
- Look at who your audience ACTUALLY is.
- Be intentional with what you do and realize the cost of what you do!
- Niching down may be best practice but if you REALLY don’t want to, then don’t but realize the cost!
- Get out of share groups and go where your ideal audience is!
- Look at what is already working for you and do more of it.
- SECRET: There are great groups that are NOT blogger groups!
- Don’t get stuck in the blogging bubble.
- There’s not enough disclosure in affiliate programs.
- Think about: Where do I want to put my energy?
- You will learn as you go and improve. There’s no overnight success.
Genuine interaction is the best thing you can do.
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- Create If Writing Podcast
- DownNotifier.com – sends email when site is down.
- Free Email Course – 7 Day Course – FreeEmailCourse.com
- Create If Facebook Community