Katie Dalebout is a writer, workshop host, yoga teacher and podcast host. She explores creativity and has a gateway to developing a positive body image and true holistic wellness. She’s a contributor to Refinery 29, Mind Body Green and her work has been featured in Teen Vogue, Yahoo Healthy and the Daily Mail. Her first book was published with Hay House in April 2016 and is a collection of journaling tools to help people find self acceptance beyond their physicality.
[bctt tweet=”You can’t go somewhere else if u don’t know where u are @katiedalebout blissfulbitespodcast” username=”nicoleculver”]
Takeaways from the episode:
- Started podcasting in 2013
- Podcasts are becoming what blogs were 10 years ago.
- Put yourself out there, anybody can podcast. Podcasting creates community.
- With podcasting you’re really yourself and creates an intimate relationship.
- As an entrepreneur, you have to be able to figure it out.
- You have to have the creative idea AND take ACTION. When it gets hard, ask for help or push yourself to figure it out.
- Celebrate your wins, even on days where you don’t get a lot done.
- Spent a summer journaling and it brought relief and was cathartic to Katie.
- Journaling allows you to be free and not be judged. You can sort through what’s true, what’s a limiting belief and bring you self awareness. Self awareness is key to growth, development and improving.
You can’t go somewhere else if you don’t know where you are. Katie Dalebout
To get started with journaling:
- Ask yourself – how are you feeling right now? Deal with your stuff while you’re in it.
- Accept how you’re feeling right now and process it.
- Get honest, knowing that no one else is going to read it. It’s exclusively for you.
- Allow yourself to FEEL so you can release it and move on with your life.
- It’s not always pretty and it doesn’t always feel good.
Links Mentioned in the Episode
- Let it Out (Katie’s Book) *affiliate link
- Let it Out Podcast
- Free Month of Convert Kit *affiliate link
Click here to listen to podcast in: