After over 100 interviews for The Blissful Bites Podcast, surveys after the Food Entrepreneur Summit, and talking to a variety of women entrepreneurs on the phone, I realized that if you really want to make it as a blogger then you can’t sit back, be passive and wait for your page views to explode out of the roof.
I want to share how to put yourself in the driver’s seat to control your income and business.
Questions to ask yourself:
- How close are you in bringing in the monthly revenue you want?
1 being not at all close and 10 being super close.
- Do you feel confident and have a few ideas about in dreaming stages that you could launch?
- What do you know and need to know about creating and launching a product, program or service?
- 2015 women blogging annual report surveyed over 3,000 bloggers.
Only 11% of people who responded earned over $30,000 a year.
68% earn less than $5,000 a year.
Only 6% of the responders indicated that they make over $60,000 annually.
3 Ways to Make a Profit as a Food Blogger
- Consult other people on what you are really good at. You only need to know a little bit more than the person you are teaching to teach them something.
- Instead of being a consultant, do the task yourself. When you are a consultant, you are teaching somebody else essentially how to do a scale or a task. You can offer a service. You can do it for them.
- Products, tools, e-books, and courses. Is there a hole in the market that people want to find out about? The good thing about this is you create it once but can sell it over and over again.
First thing you need to do:
Establish that you are an expert and believe that you can do this. If you have the mindset, you can do it.
Listen to the podcast to hear more!