LuAnn Nigara is the host of the 5 star rated podcast A Well-Designed Business. A Well Designed Business is the definitive resource for interior design professionals interested in operating a profitable and productive business. Every Monday and Wednesday LuAnn conducts in depth interviews with interior designers and industry professionals who have created profitable careers. For Power Talk Friday she gathers experts from all fields eliciting their insights and lessons on all business topics including entrepreneurism, time management, marketing and beyond.
- Stick to your main mission and core beliefs.
- Her podcast benefits her main business.
- She’s gained clients + built relationships from her podcast.
- You have to know who is the right person that you are attracting for your business.
- The clearer you get on that person, everything you do supports that.
- Figure out what your niche is and TALK to them. Don’t worry about leaving the rest behind.
- If you do your best every single day you have nothing to worry about.
- Run this like a business, not a passion project. It should be 80% work, 20% passion.
You HAVE to stick to your company mission. You have to first know what your mission is and then you have to stick to it! When you’re a person with a lot of energy and a lot of talent creativities almost everyday of the week you can think of another idea that you do well. You have to filter them if you want to be successful and if you want to further the success of your main business. Every little shiny object that you come into, has to go through the filter of supporting that mission.
To start a podcast:
- Make a clearly defined avatar.
- Stick to your mission so they know every time what they’re going to get.
- Tremendous marketing
- It’s intentional! It’s an intentional business plan.
- Get help and get a mentor to get you a roadmap.